Rename a dashboard
You can change the name of a dashboard via the 'Share' screen, as long as you are the owner of the dashboard. Choose the Share icon on the right of the dashboard.
Set a dashboard to automatically refresh
You can set your dashboard to update with any new data, either immediately or at selected intervals, if you have permission. Use Refresh to select the frequency or to stop the dashboard refreshing. Setting the refresh interval is not saved with the dashboard and will be reset if you navigate away from the page.
Set a dashboard-wide period
You can temporarily adjust the period for all the widgets on a dashboard so they show data for the same period. To this by selecting the period custom periods in Phocas, this is temporary and can't be saved with the dashboard.icon and setting custom dates as required. Like all
Once you apply the period, a message at the top of the screen will notify you about how many widgets have been updated. Some widgets may not update, e.g, if they are not filterable or their date range is outside of the dates you want to show.
The period will be shown in the status bar and can be removed with the 'x' or by resetting.
Rearrange widgets or change their size
Move a widget
- Drag the widget to a new position on the dashboard by grabbing the widget toolbar.
Change a widget's size or how it is displayed
- Drag the resize icon in the bottom right of the widget to change the size.
- Set as Stacked or Equal width on a line, or allow it to scroll horizontally. To do this choose edit
at the right of a dashboard line to open the line settings screen and make a selection under 'Display'.
Stack widgets vertically when they will not fit on a line horizontally. See image below.
Select Equal width to set all widgets to the same width, filling the line and adjusting to the browser window's size. This is useful when a dashboard is going to be viewed using different screens and devices. The minimum widget width is 200 pixels, after which the line will scroll horizontally. The height of all widgets can be adjusted by clicking and dragging from the bottom of any of the widgets in the line. In the image below, three different sized widgets have been automatically resized to be of equal width.
With Horizontal scroll selected, the widgets just take as space as they need next to each other on the line and the user scrolls to see them.
Temporarily minimize a widget to create more space on your dashboard by selecting the minus icon on the widget toolbar. Maximize it again using the plus icon. Also see minimize on open.
Add and move dashboard lines
Add a new line
Choose Line to add a new line at the bottom of your dashboard.
Move, edit, clone or delete a line
Hover over a line to access the required icons, shown below.
- Clone. This will replicate the line and place directly below the original line. You can drag it to a different position on the dashboard, or edit as required.
- Move. Drag and drop a line to a different position. As you drag, a blue box will appear to indicate the proposed destination. Release and the line will snap to the blue box.
- Edit. Allows you to change the name or description of a line.
- Delete. Choose to permanently delete a line and all the widgets within it. An 'Are you sure' warning message will appear, as there is no way of recovering a deleted line.
Make a dashboard interactive