Getting to the Users screen
Select Administration from the main Phocas menu.
Then select Users.
Find a user
Any users whom you have permission to administer will be listed on this screen, along with details such as email address, group, territory, profile and time they last logged in to Phocas. You can easily find a particular user, or set of users, by filtering, searching or sorting.
- The Group and Territory menus at the top of the screen allow a quick filter to be applied to the user list.
- The Search box and button apply a wildcard search against all user attributes, such as email address, name, etc.
- Click a column heading to sort data into ascending or descending order.
Here you have the option to:
- Select New to open a blank screen in which to create a new user.
- Select More > Import to import multiple users from a supplied text file or Windows Active Directory.
- Select an existing user and Clone.
Select Administration > Users and select 'License'.
This licensing view, shown below, displays similar information to the 'user' list plus a column where you can view and, if you have permission, change the user's license type. You can also change this from the individual user maintenance screen.
The screen also displays the available number of licenses (both full and viewer types). This is based on the number of users who are entitled to use Phocas under your licensing arrangements.
If you are approaching the maximum number of license, you can contact your Phocas consultant about increasing the license count, or you can reduce your user count by deleting users who no longer require access.
CRM and Rebates licenses
Administrators can also use this screen to add or remove CRM or Rebates licences, as well as doing so on a user's maintenance screen.
Update user settings
- Select a user name to open a user maintenance form for that user.
- Select two or more existing users > More > Bulk update to amend common settings for all of the selected users. See bulk update.
- Select one or more existing users and choose Delete to permanently remove the user(s) and all their settings.
Set password options
There are two optional password-related actions which may be visible, depending on your configuration: 'Reset password' and 'Expire password'. More about Manage user passwords.
- More > Reset Password allows the password to be reset for a selected user or users.
The Reset password option is also available from the user maintenance form.
- More > Expire Password allows the administrator to force selected users to update their password the next time they sign in.
There are two optional actions, if visible, for sending an administration email to a user or users: 'Compose email' and 'Email details'.
- More > Compose email opens a new email in your default email application with selected users' email addresses pre-populated in the BCC field. This option will only be available if SMTP has been configured and if at least one of the selected users has a stored email address.
- More > Email details sends selected users an email containing their username and the URL defined in the ExternalURL system setting. This option will only be available if SMTP has been configured and if at least one of the selected users have a stored email address.
Switch to database view
To see a matrix of all users and databases, with databases listed next to users, you can switch to database view. You can move between these views with the button.